TWO men who attempted to break into a home in Crowthorne were captured on CCTV.
The incident took place around 7.20pm on Wednesday, September 25, in the back garden of an unoccupied home in Bramley Grove, off Lower Wokingham Road.
Now, Thames Valley Police is appealing for witnesses to come forward.
They said that the men are thought to be 30, around 5ft 11in and slim.
The CCTV footage, which has not been released, shows that one man approached the home and looked in through the ground floor windows, until his accomplice spotted the security camera.
The duo then made a swift departure.
Police said that there is no indication of how they entered the garden or whether they had any vehicle, and are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed the incident, have further CCTV or Dashcam recording, or any other information to either call our 24 hour enquiry centre on 101, or submit the detail online via the reporting portal on the force website quoting reference 43190298179.
If you don’t want to speak directly to police you can contact “Crimestoppers” anonymously and free of charge on 0800 555 111. It is an independent charity, no personal details will be asked for, calls are not recorded or traced and you would not have to go to court.
Home safety advice from Thames Valley Police
You can greatly reduce the risk of burglary by taking a few simple security measures to help make your property less attractive to thieves.
- Most burglars are opportunists and target homes and businesses that offer the least risk of been caught, firstly.
- Ensure front and rear doors locked.
- Ensure windows shut when you’re out
- Keep access gates closed and locked to prevent easy access to the rear of your property.
- Keep valuables and keys out of sight from doors and windows.
- As the nights begin to draw in, use a timer switch to turn lamps on to make your house look occupied even when it isn’t.
For further advice on how to keep your home safe, visit the Thames Valley Police website