I want YOU to succeed.
I want the last few months of 2018 to be the best months of 2018.
I want you to start 2019 with a bang.
I want you to wake up and own every decision in your life.
I want you to be the best that you can possibly be.
As always, I like to start the column with some hard-hitting points from the previous week and the quotes above get the points across perfectly.
I know YOU and I want YOU to succeed.
I know YOU want the end of this year to be an amazing period of the year just like ME.
I know YOU and I want to start 2019 with a bang.
I know YOU want to wake up and own every decision in your life just like I DO.
And finally, I know YOU want to be the best that you can possibly be.
This week I want to talk to you about AFFIRMATIONS.
It’s a bit of a selfish reason this week and that is because I love the whole concept of them. I USE AFFIRMATIONS every single day and have done for some time. The type of AFFIRMATIONS that I like to use are the “I AM” method. Here are a few examples:
- I am amazing. I am powerful. I am a great human being.
- I am a professional cyclist and I am a role model.
- I am a great Dad. I am a great partner. I am a hard worker. I am a happy person.
- I am a successful entrepreneur and I am a living legend.
- I am the number one provider in my industry. I am in demand every day for my services.
- I am happy. I am well behaved for my mum and dad. I am really popular.
- I am the best runner in the UK. I am wanted by sportswear brands all around the world.
- I am a sales master. I am a magnet for success. I am the cause of everything in my life.
- I am the number one sportsman in the planet and other legends want me in their life.
- I am the man that keeps my family together. I am a great husband and a great father.
- I am amazing at everything I put my mind too. I am the role model for my children.
- I am a financial megastar. I am someone that turns problems into opportunities.
Now, the affirmations above are actual AFFIRMATIONS that I have developed with some of my current clients. They get used every day and to be honest the results are unbelievable.
They set the state of mind you aspire to have.
They enable the unconscious mind to create opportunities for the conscious mind to put into action.
They basically are a POSITIVE STATEMENT IN THE PRESENT TENSE.
Another phrase for an AFFIRMATION is an AUTO-SUGGESTION. They work as they have the ability to program your mind into believing the stated concept. When you repeat them often, and believe in them, you can start to make positive changes. Check out these awesome descriptions below from psyche central and Louise Hay:
“Control your thoughts and you create your reality. A positive mind-set begets positive end results. “
“An affirmation is anything you say or think.”
“An affirmation opens the door. It’s a beginning point on the path to change.”
“All of our self-talk, our internal dialogue, is a stream of affirmations. You’re using affirmations every moment whether you know it or not. You’re affirming and creating your life experiences with every word and thought.”
A nice way of putting it is that they need an atmosphere to grow in. Affirmations are like seeds planted in soil. Poor soil means poor growth. Rich soil means high abundant growth. The more you choose to think thoughts that make you feel good, the quicker the affirmations work.
So here are 10 quick tips and ideas that can get you started straight away:
- Start all affirmations with the words “I AM.”
- Keep all affirmations POSITIVE and use POSITIVE language.
- Have a cheetsheet card full of positive words that you can use for your affirmations and keep it on you at all times.
- Create a regular FUNDAMENTAL affirmation that you use multiple times per day.
- Record you own guided affirmation session and make it last roughly 10 minutes. Try and listen to it at least once per day.
- Create a simple short one sentence affirmation for last thing at night to help you relax and feel great about yourself.
- Try saying them out loud and in your head and see which one you prefer.
- Link emotion to your affirmations. The MAGIC happens when the PSYCHOLOGICAL meets the PHYSIOLOGICAL.
- Smile after your affirmation session and really feel the improved state of mind.
And finally …
- Go out your comfort zone and make it as out there as possible. Really exaggerate the claim, set the movement in motion.
So, there we go … start AFFIRMING today. What you waiting for?
I want YOU to succeed.
How much do you want to succeed?
Happy Thursday and get creating those AMAZING, POSITIVE and RESOURCEFUL states