We are fast approaching the end of September and to get you really excited I also want to tell you it is less than 100 days till Christmas now which is scary, but in a really good way.
Everyone loves Christmas, right? This year is a particularly magnificent year due in part to it being my newest daughter Bella’s first Christmas, so we will be going extra special for this first year.
Yes, there may be some serious decoration purchasing going on.
Yes, there could be even more outdoor lighting this year.
One thing that is for sure is that it’s not long until the fun starts again.
Anyway, this is still 100 days away so let’s focus on the present, the here and now for today.
Quick recap from last week first.
The quote we spoke about at length was “Get selecting, get implementing and get optimising” so I ask you now … What have you selected as your priority this last week?
What steps have you implemented and acted on? Finally, what did you optimise?
What did you fine tune?
As I have said before, it is all about refection and moving forward. Don’t rest up this week, keep pushing on, keep being the best version of yourself.
Notice I said, “the best version” just then and not “perfect.”
Strive to be and do your best and I am sure you will reach your goals this week, this month and for the rest of this year.
Also last week, we touched on four keystone habits so here they are below again:
- Smile daily. I touched on this last week. Read last weeks article and start smiling more, the benefits are endless.
- Start the day with something proactive. Read something, learn something, get your heart rate up. The way you start your day is the way your day runs. Be proactive and be productive.
- Look for the positive in all situations. Look deep, really search, there are positives in everything. Look for the opportunities and the growth options available, they will be there somewhere.
- Ditch one source of negativity for a week and see how you feel. That source could be a person. It could be a place, it could be a habit. Pick one and then ditch it for a week and then assess how you feel. Even better replace that one negative with a positive choice. Let me know how that works out for you.
REMEMBER … SELECT, IMPLEMENT AND OPTIMISE!
Why I love teaching others about Therpycise
This week I want to switch fire and talk about an area of my business that I love working on, I love learning more on and that I love teaching others about.
This area is, of course, my mental fitness clients and more specifically my THERAPYCISE Clients.
You see, THERAPYCISE is all about optimising your mind to work for you rather than against you. It is about changing the landscape and the stigma that is associated with mental health.
It is about using your strengths as well as working on your weaknesses.
It is about seeing personal growth as a mandatory option rather than a voluntary choice.
THERAPYCISE is about fusing together many elements of health, fitness, personal development and psychology to give you unstoppable unlimited psychological resilience, grit and robustness.
WOW, what a mouthful at the end but over the coming weeks I am going to share some success stories right from THE HUB here in Wokingham that will help shed insight into the workings of the mind and how the power you have in your head is the biggest power you have at your disposal.
On that note, an area that is frequently getting mentioned both with my coaching clients and all around us around the world right now is depression, anxiety and stress.
Healthy stress can make a difference
I want to talk about this as it was brought up at a recent parent’s information evening ay my eldest daughter’s school and some of the information was so insightful, I feel I must share some key tips and guidance with you today.
Whether you have children or not, the information below is awesome so have a read, digest and then share it with people you think would benefit from the knowledge:
- Healthy stress happens when we take on new challenges. Our brain likes to be challenged so get challenging yourself. If you read for 30 minutes a day, challenge yourself to read for 40 minutes. If you normally do 50 reps of a core exercise at the end of your workout, challenge yourself to do 60 reps. The key is to challenge yourself.
- Children learn how to manage stress by observing how parents manage it. Anxious children can learn to be anxious from anxious parents. Depressed children can learn to be depressed from depressed parents. Knowing this, what are you teaching your children each and every day?
- Anxiety is a gift handed down by evolution to keep us safe.
- Sleep is a huge factor and increasing sleep is beneficial treatment for all people suffering mentally. Increase the sleep of you or your children by one hour every night for a week and see how you feel.
- Recovery and relaxing strategies are worth learning about. Listening to music, mindful breathing, mindfulness, yoga, meditation, visualisations, mantras, watching a film … try different strategies and see what works for you and your children. For the record, taking some deep breaths and playing board games works a treat for when our children get a little too overexcited.
- Finally, hiding away from something only increases the effect of that said feeling. Worrying about a project? Go and spend 10 minutes working on it at that moment. Feeing nervous, do something that reinforces confidence straight away. Feeling tired, go and do 50 jumping jacks that moment to energise yourself.
I hope the information above will be of some use to you and your loved ones.
Please share this article and please share anything you found useful. The ripple effect can be huge when used for good.
Be awesome, be positive, be an opportunist and be the best version of you, everyone else is taken.