Welcome to 2019.
I say again … welcome to 2019.
So how was your end of 2018? I have so many questions for you and so many things I would like to know such as:
How was your Christmas?
How was your New Year’s Eve?
Did you have an immense time over the festive break?
There is one question however that for me takes all focus and this question is the question I want you to read 10 times and think about 10 times and this is question is:
WHAT COULD I DO BETTER IN 2019?
So, let’s really let that sink in right now ok?
What could I do better In 2019? What could I do better In 2019? What could I do better In 2019? What could I do better In 2019? What could I do better In 2019? What could I do better In 2019? What could I do better In 2019? What could I do better In 2019? What could I do better In 2019? What could I do better In 2019?
That should have sunk in by now right? It really is quite simple to be honest.
There are lots of questions you can ask yourself and I will share lots more after we have discussed this question. Think about your 2018 and what you could have done better. Could you have managed your health and fitness better?
Could you have managed your money better in 2018? Were your priorities in order last year? Did you spend enough time with your loved ones in 2018?
Did you laugh and smile enough last year?
For me, this year, I want to focus more on maximising my time and being uber efficient which should mean I will be really present and awesomely focused in 2019…
So, what other questions could you ask? If you have been reading this column for some time, then you will remember I shared many questions to ask back in January 2018 so I want to share some of them with you again now as they are so tried and tested and proven to skyrocket your life:
- Who am I really?
- What worries me most about the future?
- If this were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?
- What am I scared of?
- What matters most in my life?
- Have I done anything lately worth remembering?
- Have I made someone smile today?
- What have I given up on?
- When did I last push the boundaries of my comfort zone?
- If I had to instil one piece of advice in a new-born baby’s mind, what advice would I give?
- What small act of kindness was I once shown that I will never forget?
- What do I need to change about myself?
- How many of my friends would I trust with my life?
- Who has had the greatest impact on my life?
- What do I want most in my life?
- What is life calling of me?
- Which is worse, failing or never trying?
- What’s the one thing I’d like others to remember about me at the end of my life?
- To what degree have I actually controlled the course my life has taken?
- How am I feeling right now?
- Did I achieve what I set out to achieve last year?
- How am I feeling about the day ahead?
- What can I accept that I can’t change?
- What would scare me slightly that I could do today?
- What caused me the most inner stress and conflict last year?
- Does it move me towards the boldest, most grand vision I have for myself?
- What should I start?
- What should I stop?
- What should I do more of?
- What should I do less of?
- What were your biggest failings or mistakes this past year – health wise – that were preventable or avoidable?
- What were your biggest health problems that were not preventable or avoidable – and how did you respond?
- Which food consistently has the worst effect on you? How does it make you feel (or look, or perform)?
- What concrete step or steps will you take to fulfil a more abstract resolution?
- Why are you where you are?
- How will you hold yourself accountable?
- What are you willing to do to change?
- What are you physically unable to do (comfortably) that you’d like to be able to do (comfortably)?
- What, or who, stands in your way?
- If you could do anything with your life, and money was no object, what would you do?
- What did I accomplish last year?
- What do I want to accomplish this year?
- What do I want to accomplish in the first quarter of next year?
- What do I want to accomplish next month?
- What were your wins last year?
- What did you learn about yourself last year?
- What are your current goals?
- What habits do you need to work on?
You now have a serious amount of questions to be getting on with but first focus on the main question which is what could I do better In 2019?
Let’s leave it there for this week, OK?
I say again, welcome to 2019, let’s make it an absolute belter and enjoy the journey together.
Speak to you again next week.