This creamy dish with a thick reduced sauce of wine, garlic and double cream is really simple and easy to make and also makes for the smoked salmon to go a long way so whilst rich and luxurious will not break the bank.
You don’t need to buy expensive smoked salmon for this save that for having it as a real treat.
Ingredients – For 4
- 400g smoked salmon hand diced roughly
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil or light olive oil
- 30g salted butter
- 1 cup double cream
- 1 cup white wine. Pick one you like as there will be a couple of glasses left to drink
- 3 cloves garlic finely grated or crushed
- 2 round shallots finely diced. Banana shallots or small mild onions will also be fine
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 100g finely grated good Parmesan cheese. 30 months or more aged is best if you can get some.
Reserve one quarter of the smoked salmon to garnish the dish.
Poach the shallots or onion gently in the oil and butter in a saucepan and when softened and translucent add the wine, shallots, Parmesan, garlic, sugar, and cream and simmer until reduced by half.
Cook the spaghetti as per the packet instructions. Pick spaghetti with a rough external texture as this helps hold the sauce to the pasta.
Stir the salmon into the reduced sauce for two minutes and serve over the spaghetti and garnish with the remaining salmon.
Crack a liberal amount of black pepper to serve to your taste and more Parmesan if you wish.