Vegetables are great for curries and this dish is one of my favourites.
Ingredients for 4
- 500g Mushrooms of choice finely sliced. Peel before if needed
- 1 Large white onion finely diced
- ¼ Tsp Chilli powder or more to taste
- 2 Cloves of garlic peeled and grated
- 1 Inch ginger root peeled and grated
- 1 TSP Curry powder
- Pinch of cumin seeds
- Pinch of fennel seeds
- 1 TSP Chinese 5 spice powder
- Seeds from 1 Cardamom Pod
- 4 TBSP Vegetable oil
- 2 Spring Onions sliced thinly or thick as you prefer
- 2 Tomatoes quartered and woody core removed
Fry the white onion in the oil until softened over a medium heat. Add the seeds, Curry powder, Chili powder, Ginger and garlic and cook until the aromas begin to develop.
Then add the sliced mushrooms with the five spice powder and cook until tender.
Add the tomatoes and spring onion to just warm through.
Taste and season with salt if needed and serve.
Optionally garnish with chopped coriander leaves.